The adoption of the budget is the County Commissioners’ most important job. This includes facilitating a budget process that is open and transparent, developing an annual budget that accurately reflects the goals and priorities of the County Commissioners, and implements a prudent financial plan ensuring the sound management and operation of County government and allied agencies, while minimizing the burden on the taxpayer to the extent practicable.
The County fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. Money is allocated each year to County government departments (like the Department of Emergency Services), allied public agencies (like the Library), and non-profits (like the Volunteer Fire Companies) through the budget process, which begins in December. The budget is adopted in late May or early June and takes effect on July 1.
Helpful ResourcesFor more information on the county budget or budget process, contact Finance Director Margaret Roe.
FY2020 Budget Process
The County Commissioners of Caroline County, Maryland, will hold the following public hearings on the Proposed FY2020 Caroline County Government Budget.
TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2019, 6:00 PM – Greensboro Volunteer Fire Community Hall, 13781 Greensboro Rd., MD:
- Public Hearing: To Receive Testimony on Proposed Operating & Capital Budgets
- Public Hearing: Constant Yield Tax Rate
- Public Hearing: Municipal Property Tax Differential Rates
- Regular County Commissioners Meeting
Persons with a disability needing reasonable accommodation to attend should notify the County Commissioners Office at least 3 days before the hearing(s) by calling 410-479-0660 or via the Maryland Relay Service at 7-1-1.
FY2020 Budget Documents - UPDATED
- Proposed Operating Budget
- Proposed Capital Budget
- Proposed Revenues
- Constant Yield Advertisement (Proposed Tax Rates)
- FY2020 Budget Calendar
- Operating Budget Requests
- Projected Revenues
Current Budget (Fiscal Year 2019)
The Caroline County Commissioners have adopted their Fiscal Year 2019 Budget as well as the FY 2019 Capital Improvement Program.
Past Annual County Budgets
- FY 2018: Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- FY 2017: Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- FY 2016: Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- FY 2015: Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- FY 2014: Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- FY 2013: Budget and Capital Improvement Program
- FY 2012: Budget and Capital Improvement Program