- 7:30 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of every month
- Health and Public Services Building
403 S. Seventh St.
Denton, MD 21629
Agendas & Minutes
View All Agendas and Minutes
View the Planning Commission submission and meeting schedule.
CompositionSeven residents of Caroline County, including one County Commissioner, all appointed by the County Commissioners.
ElectionMembers are chosen and appointed by the Commissioners.
Term of OfficeTerm is five years. Each member shall serve no more than 2 consecutive terms. After completing a second term, a member may not be reappointed for 2 years.
Charge / Authority
The Planning Commission shall have the following powers and duties:
Caroline County Code, §175-163; Annotated Code of Maryland §2-102.
- To review, evaluate, and approve or disapprove plans for subdivisions, mobile home developments, and Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) receiving areas in accordance with Chapter 175 of the Code of Public Local Laws of Caroline County and the Caroline County Subdivision Regulations.
- To review and make recommendations to the County Commissioners regarding the following:
- Proposed acquisition and development of lands for county open space or recreation purposes
- Proposed changes in land use or development arising from local, state or federal programs or policies
- Proposed changes or amendments to the Caroline County Comprehensive Plan
- Proposed changes or amendments to the Subdivision Regulations
- Proposed rezoning
- Proposed text amendments to the Zoning Ordinance
- To hear appeals concerning the approval or disapproval of site plans