The board shall hold at least eight regular monthly meetings on the call of the chairman.
|Milton Nagel||Member||Caroline County Representative||second||7/1/17||7/1/23|
|Lee Nash McMahan||Member||Caroline County Representative||Second||6/30/15||6/29/23|
The Board of Trustees of Chesapeake College consists of two members from each of the counties of Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot who shall be appointed by the Governor, with the advice and consent of the House of Delegates. The officers of the board shall be a Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Secretary / Treasurer. The President of the College shall serve as Secretary / Treasurer.
Term of Office
The term of a member is five years and begins on July 1. A member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies. Each member shall serve for no more than three- five-year terms.
Charge / Authority(Maryland Code, Education Article 16 § 406)
The board shall complete the following tasks:
- Appoint the President of the College
- Approve and recommend budget, finance, and land acquisition
- Approve and recommend the promotion, election to tenure, and termination of full time faculty as well as approve their contracts
- Approve the academic programs offered by the College
- Establish policy governing the College and exercise control over it